Donald Trump, reality star and class “A” buffoon has finally revealed his real reason for hating on President Obama. Obama is one of “the Blacks” that Trump seems to disenfranchise by virtue of his use of the definite article “the”.
Thus, it’s ok to “rag him” as some of “the” Blacks say, implying that Trump is not talking about political issues, he’s simply “trashing” Obama at every turn.
It’s all very clear now. If Donald Trump can claim that Obama is not a U.S. Citizen, then surely I can claim that Trump is a disgusting bigot and a race baiter. Fair enough? No proof is needed for either claim, apparently.
Via the Daily Observer come this quote from a Donald Trump appearance on a DC radio show:
“I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks. But unfortunately, it seems that, you know, the numbers you cite are very, very frightening numbers.”
First, this sounds all too much like “some of my best friends are black.”
Second, it echoes in my mind back with Perot was running and he was speaking to a predominantly black audience and kept referring to those in attendance as “you people.”
Third, the numbers in question were those showing widespread African-American support for Obama. Why, pray tell, would those be “very, very frightening numbers?”
Update: Fourth, this puts me in the mind of the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, “Meet the Blacks” wherein Larry and Cheryl taken in a family from New Orleans in the wake of Katrina (the family’s last name is “Black”). I think I might pay to see Trump hanging with Leon.
- Donald Trump: ‘I’ve Always Had a Great Relationship With The Blacks’ (mediaite.com)
- Roger Stone Cites Donald Trump’s Rap Ubiquity (observer.com)
- Donald Trump: a man who likes the spotlight (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- When rich white guys talk about black people (salon.com)
- Trump praises Gov. Cuomo, slams Obama again (nydailynews.com)
- So, Two White Guys and a Black Guy Are Sitting at a Table… (ifyoutoleratethis45.wordpress.com)
- White Men Can’t Jump in the Truth Movement (melgibstein.wordpress.com)
- Trump: ‘Always Had a Great Relationship With The Blacks’ (observer.com)
- Some of His Best Friends Are The Blacks (slog.thestranger.com)
- Trump says he has good relationship with ‘the blacks’ (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Trump bid a political freak show? (cnn.com)