The old joke goes that most people can’t find whatever country the United States is at war with on a map.
Same seems to be true for Rep. Tom Marino (R-PA), a freshman congressman who also sits on the House Foreign Affairs Committee. He’s quoted in the Times-Tribune questioning President Obama’s Libya strategy, and lack of deference to Congress.
“The bottom line is I wish the president would have told us, talked to Congress about what is the plan. Is there a plan? Is the mission to take Gadhafi out?” Mr. Marino asked…. “Where does it stop?” he said. “Do we go into Africa next? I don’t want to sound callous or cold, but this could go on indefinitely around the world.”
Yes, Libya is in Africa.
- Rep. Tom Marino, on subcommittee for Africa, doesn’t know Libya is in Africa (alternet.org)
- Rep. Tom Marino, on subcommittee for Africa, doesn’t know Libya is in Africa (dailykos.com)
- Well, at Least We Know Republicans Aren’t Being Disingenuous When They Rail Against the Liberal Intellectual Elite (slog.thestranger.com)
- Six Reasons Obama’s Libya Speech Was Strong (thepage.time.com)
- Senior Republican ups criticism of Obama on Libya (reuters.com)
- Obama Says Libya Massacre Would Stain World Conscience – Bloomberg (news.google.com)