Bill Maher was absolutely wrong to call Sarah Palin a “dumb tw-t”.
This defense posture from Palin is justified. However, there is a growing consensus that although Palin will say the most absurd things about Dems and in particular, President Obama, she seems to be very sensitive about criticism directed at her.
Without naming him, Sarah Palin swatted the “annoying little mosquito” who criticized her recent trip to India and Israel.
That “mosquito” seems to be HBO “Real Time” host Bill Maher, who recently drew the condemnation of the National Organization for Women and conservatives for calling Palin a “dumb twat” on his show.
Responding to the controversy, Palin took to her Facebook page Thursday night, in a post headlined with the same “reload” language she’s used in the past.
“Upon my return from an outstanding and productive trip to India and Israel, I’ve been inundated with requests to respond to petty comments made in the media the past few days, including one little fella’s comment which decent people would find degrading,” she wrote. “I won’t bother responding to it though, because it was made by he who reminds me of an annoying little mosquito found zipped up in your tent; he can’t do any harm, but buzzes around annoyingly until it’s time to give him the proverbial slap.”
Though Palin indicated that she wasn’t interested in escalating a fight with her critics, she used the buzz around Maher’s to launch into one of her favorite subjects: media bias. Palin chided her fellow Republicans for not more aggressively going after reporters who show a bias, writing that “too often conservatives or Republicans in general come across as having the fighting instinct of sheep.” Read more…
A profile of Sarah Palin in the Nov. 21 Sunday New York Times Magazine, The Palin Network, by Robert Draper, paints her as:
- Paranoid and unable to trust policy experts, political consultants or the media.
- Thin skinned and bitter about slights large and small that she’s suffered since John McCain picked her to be his vice presidential running mate in 2008.
- Obsessed with her celebrity.
- Convinced that she can become president despite poor poll ratings and the Republican Party establisment’s skepticism.
- A skilled communicator on the stump and at the keyboard where she taps out headline-grabbing missives on Facebook and Twitter.
- Surrounded by a small number of nobodies who surround her because they are nobodies.
- A do-it-yourself politician who has trouble dealing with people who know more than she does and who are smarter than she is. Great politicians recruit people who are smarter and stronger than they are. Lousy executives and politicians recruit people who suck up on command.
- Hard working, often putting in 20-hour days.
- Frenetic and so over scheduled that one wonders whether she has time for her family.
- Defiant of all who question her intellect and knowledge.
- Pretty disorganized.
- Instinct driven, which is scary in a presidential candidate.
- NOW Slams Bill Maher for Calling Sarah Palin a ‘Dumb Tw-t’ (blippitt.com)
- “Sarah Palin a Tw**! Bill Maher Dises Sexy Sarah Palin!” and related posts (showbizspy.com)
- ‘I’m through,’ Palin says (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- SARAH PALIN: ‘I Need NOW’s Defense Like A Fish Needs A Bicycle.’ (businessinsider.com)
- A Maher Cry From Tasteful: Comic Ripped for Palin Slur (foxnews.com)
- Maher’s Palin Slur, Part II:Better NOW Than Never? (foxnews.com)
- Bill Maher Finds Another Way to Compare Charlie Sheen to Sarah Palin (VIDEO) (tvsquad.com)
- Palin: Lamestream Media: Reload or White Flag? (sarahpalinblog.typepad.com)