I grew up in New York City. When I was 13 or 14 I’d watch African Americans in the south being hosed down for marching for their civil rights. I saw dogs being commanded to attack these people, most of whom were teenagers themselves.
Through the years I saw how this great country was able to right the many wrongs done to Blacks, Asians, Jews,women, and the handicapped mostly through laws and amendments. We are currently making strides to right the wrongs we have done to the LGBT community.
Between watching the injustices being done to the middle class in Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan and other states and the useless hearings or what I’d rather call witch hunts in Washington, DC concerning alleged “Muslim radicalization in America”, I ask myself, what is happening to our country?
Sometimes I have to convince myself that “this too shall pass” just as most of the injustices I mentioned have, for the most part, been corrected.
Rep. Keith Ellis may be the unwitting catalyst to that change…
- Ellison Delivers Tearful Testimony at Radicalization Hearing (observer.com)
- Muslim Rep. Ellison’s Tearful Testimony (swampland.blogs.time.com)
- Keith Ellison Salutes Mohammed Salman Hamdani (emptywheel.firedoglake.com)
- This Is Important, You Should Watch It of the Day (thedailywh.at)
- What Liberal Media? Peter King’s Anti-Muslim Hearing Edition (oliverwillis.com)
- Bill O’Reilly Takes On Rep. Keith Ellison Over Radical Muslim Hearings (mediaite.com)
- Keith Ellison’s powerful tribute to American Muslim 9/11 first responder (dailykos.com)