Once again, we have another candidate for our “sorting out the crazies” list, Bill O’Reilly…
After persistently attacking the Obama administration for wanting to close Guantanamo Bay prison, now that President Obama has decided to keep it open, Fox News – rather than praise the decision – moved the target and is attacking Attorney General Eric Holder (a regular witch hunt target) for not resigning because he has stated it should be closed. In fact, resignation wasn’t good enough for Bill O’Reilly. He repeatedly suggested that Holder should commit suicide over this “dishonor.”
O’Reilly hosted this “debate” about Holder with attorneys Lis Wiehl and Kimberly Guilfoyle in the regular “Is It Legal” segment – as though to suggest there were a real legal issue about Holder continuing on. O’Reilly told Wiehl, “Honorable people in Roman times killed themselves, in Japanese culture as well.”
“I don’t think that’s going to happen,” Wiehl said.
O’reilly continued, “Or, in America, they resign… Shouldn’t Holder resign because it violates his core principles of decency?”
Nice set up, O’Reilly. You either pressure Holder into resigning or attack him for not sticking to his principles if he doesn’t.
Sure enough, when Wiehl argued Holder should stay on, O’Reilly said, “So he’s a toady.”
Speaking of toadies, liberal-before-Fox Guilfoyle said Holder should resign “for this and many other reasons.”
I’m surprised O’Reilly didn’t give her time to rehash the New Black Panther Party “controversy.” Maybe that was because o’Reilly was too eager to repeat his suggestion that Holder should commit suicide. “Now, you’re a tough cookie, but you wouldn’t go so far as to say Holder should commit seppuku,” O’Reilly “joked,” as the three giggled.
“I don’t think he should do that,” Guilfoyle said.
Then they commented about how Media Matters would be “all over it… all day long.”
As well they should, Bill. As well they should.
- Bill O’Reilly And Old Media: Not Waving But Drowning (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Reacts To Bill O’Reilly’s Take On GOP 2012 Lineup (mediaite.com)
- Conan: I Don’t Think Bill O’Reilly Really Likes The President (businessinsider.com)
- Obama and O’Reilly Team Up for Charity (theroot.com)
- Bill O’Reilly Is Really The One Who Lives In A Dream World (businessinsider.com)
- Bill O’Reilly On GOP 2012 Lineup: If I’m Obama, ‘I’m Not Quaking Over There’ (mediaite.com)
- Bill O’Reilly’s Lie Caught Up With Him (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)