I thought Scott Brown had put himself above the “Tea Party” bull crap. I guess that was just for public perception. Privately, as we see, he’s just like the rest of the GOP politicians who fawn all over the Money-bag (Koch) brothers.
At the public dedication of MIT’s David H. Koch Integrative Cancer Institute last Friday, Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) effusively thanked conservative billionaire David Koch for supporting his election in 2010 and made a plea for help in his re-election campaign next year. David Koch directly gave the National Republican Senatorial Committee $30,400 in November 2009, and the Koch Industries PAC threw in $15,000 to NRSC plus $5,000 more directly to Brown right before Brown’s special election. In the following exchange, Brown thanks Koch and his wife Julia (off-camera) for their support, saying “I can certainly use it again”:
BROWN: Your support during the election, it meant a ton. It made a difference and I can certainly use it again. Obviously, the –
KOCH: When are you running for the next term?
KOCH: Oh, okay.
BROWN: I’m in the cycle right now. We’re already banging away.
- Watch: Scott Brown Asks David Koch For Campaign Cash (towleroad.com)
- Quote of the Day: David Koch on David Koch (the fake) (themoderatevoice.com)
- Citizen Koch: David says “No Direct Support” (libelstateofaffairs.wordpress.com)
- Koch defends business, politics (politico.com)
- “David Koch: Prank call â€˜a case of identity theftâ€™” and related posts (democraticunderground.com)
- Jesse Berney: Top Six Revelations in the Call Between Fake David Koch and Governor Scott Walker (huffingtonpost.com)
- David Koch: Funding for Cancer Research While Fighting Carcinogen Listing (libelstateofaffairs.wordpress.com)