Keith Olbermann’s Blog – Fok News - March 1, 2011
Good grief, how many stupid people do we have in this country? And how come we keep electing them as Republican governors?
In a had-to-be-seen-to-be-believed budget speech this afternoon, Wisconsin’s pet rock of a chief executive, Scott Walker, barely touched on the firestorm that has put his slightly cross-eyed, startled-looking mug on the national map. Absent were references to violating court orders to keep the Capitol open to protesters. No mention was made of unilateral decisions to bolt the Capitol windows shut. There wasn’t a word in there about the no-holds-barred campaign to demonize the Unions as if they were al-Qaeda. Only in passing – by referencing those Democrats who interrupted the knee-capping of collective bargaining rights – did Walker even come close to mentioning the issue that his lit up the night sky of America’s Dairyland.
In short, Walker’s speech sounded about as in-touch and pertinent as one of Hosni Mubarak’s. No; check that; Mubarak eventually got it. When it comes to tone-deaf speechifying (not, obviously, bloodshed), Walker is closer to Colonel Gadaffi. Read more »
- Court rules against Walker on Capitol closing. (preaprez.wordpress.com)
- Crisis in Dairyland (crooksandliars.com)
- “The administration of Gov. Scott Walker abruptly locked out protesters from the Capitol on Monday morning…” (althouse.blogspot.com)
- Protesters defy efforts to clear Wisconsin Capitol (sfgate.com)
- Abc’s Karl: Obama Offered ‘Quicker’ ‘More Forceful’ Denouncement of Walker Than of Mubarak (mikesright.wordpress.com)
- Police let protesters stay night at Wis. Capitol (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Is Scott Walker Cutting Off Internet Access To Thwart Protesters? (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Walker administration blocking access to government: ACLU says it’s unconstitutional (wilderside.wordpress.com)
- In Madison: Scott Walker Packed His Budget Address With Ringers (theawl.com)