The two Libyan Air Force fighter pilots who apparently defected earlier with their jets to Malta have told Maltese government officials that they had been ordered to bomb protesters, Reuters reports.
The faltering government of the Libyan strongman Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi struck back at mounting protests against his 40-year rule, as helicopters and warplanes besieged parts of the capital Monday, according to witnesses and news reports from Tripoli….Over the last three days Libyan security forces have killed at least 223 people, according to a tally by the group Human Rights Watch.
- Qaddafi’s Forces Strike With Fury as Unrest Grows – NYTimes.com (yzerfonteinchronicles.blogspot.com)
- Saif Qaddafi Invites Reporters In (israelnationalnews.com)
- That’s Rather Horrifying: Muammar el-Qaddafi’s Son Could Potentially Be Your Landlord (curbed.com)
- Want To Rent A Townhouse From Colonel Qaddafi’s Son? (businessinsider.com)
- Qaddafi 2001 interview: I’m “not a terrorist” (cbsnews.com)