Karl Rove on birtherism.
“This is the White House strategy, they love this. Look, the President could come out and say ‘Here are the documents,’ but they are happy to have this controversy continue.”
“Every moment the conservatives talk about this, they marginalized themselves and diminish themselves in the minds of independent voters.”
a) The people who were required to see the documents, have seen them. End of story. The President issued his birth certificate and there is no need to cater further to the lunatic fringe of the Republican party. By the way, it’s getting increasingly more difficult to refer to the kooks on the right as being part of a ‘fringe’. The right-wing fringe has gone mainstream.
b) If this was a “White House strategy”, it’s a damn good one. Birthers are conservatives and Republicans and voters should be reminded of this fact at every opportunity. They were not created by Dems but instead emerged from the bigoted, idiot wing of the Republican party. Birthers are conservatives who are unwilling to accept a black man as their President.
Sorry Karl, but these idiots are part of the folks you counted on to vote for George W. Bush. You loved them then. You’re stuck with them now.
- Karl Rove blames ‘Birthers’ on a ‘White House strategy’ to ensnare unwitting Republicans in ‘Birch Society’ trap (crooksandliars.com)
- Karl Rove: GOP Must Denounce Birthers, Not Coddle Them (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Karl Rove Says “Stop The Birthers”; It’s A “Trap” By The White House (alan.com)
- Rove Says Birthers Falling Into Obama Trap (politicalwire.com)
- Karl Rove forces my head above waves – briefly (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
- Poll: Birthers Now Make Up a Majority of Republican Primary Voters (usnews.com)
- Birther Madness In The Republican Party (camelswithhammers.com)