The power of a leaderless movement. This is historic in every way…
EA: 1320 GMT: Al Jazeera is now putting out estimates of more than 2 million in Tahrir Square in Cairo.
The military is putting up barbed wire around the Presidential Palace in Heliopolis.
From The Guardian’s live-blog:
1.08pm: Protesters are now starting to march in Alexandria, Human Rights Watch Reports.
There is no clear route for the march, so a bit of confusion.
The Harriet Sherwood, who’s in Alexandria, adds:
No one is running this, apart from the people themselves
- Interview with a man planning to attend the huge planned protest today in Cairo (3quarksdaily.com)
- Egyptian protests – timeline for the weekend’s events (guardian.co.uk)
- As Night Approaches (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Al Jazeera Says its Cairo Bureau Has Been Shuttered By Egyptian Authorities (wired.com)
- Egypt braces for ‘march of millions’ – CNN International (news.google.com)