A few nights ago, Rachel Maddow’s substitute host, Chris Hayes of The Nation gave us a rundown on the new GOP majority back in 1994.
You don’t want to miss this report, I promise you. Compare and contrast.
The new Republican House operation is starting to look an awful lot like the old Republican House operation. DeLay’s aides will help run the show; corporate lobbyists have been brought on to shape policy; and the K Street project that Boehner swore to leave in the past is looking reconstituted.
Given the spectacular failures of the last Republican majority, getting the old gang back together isn’t exactly encouraging.
- Meet the new GOP, same as the old GOP (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Getting the old gang back together again (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Chris Hayes: White House Needs to Call Republicans’ Bluff on Debt Ceiling (crooksandliars.com)
- It Really Is 1994 Again (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)
- Advice for the House Class of 2011 From Their Revolutionary Predecessors in ’95 (politicsdaily.com)