Underestimating this President might be the most serious mistake one can make. After getting a tax bill through Congress (imperfect as it was), [yesterday] he signed a bill repealing Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell – a move which a mere two weeks ago seemed near impossible.
It appears that this not-so-lame lame duck session will end up being one of the most productive in history. A measure funding health care for 9/11 first responders as well as ratification of START are set to pass Congress before Christmas. Good stuff.
- Steny Hoyer: Lame Duck Is Not Lame- Time to Make Lame Ducks Extinct? (politics.blogs.foxnews.com)
- Obama Getting High Marks For Lame Duck Session (outsidethebeltway.com)
- For Some, This Lame Duck Congress Is Fit To Fly (themoderatevoice.com)
- Joe Klein: What Congress Didn’t Do (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dems Crow, GOP Cries Foul Over Lame Duck Session (abcnews.go.com)
- Lame Duck Hunting Revisited (volokh.com)
- Lame duck session brings a small victory for environmentalists (mnn.com)
- Jim DeMint Still Upset About Working During Month Of December (huffingtonpost.com)