In April of this year, I posted an article entitled Who Is Arizona Governor Jan Brewer? Here Is The Answer…
The post essentially laid out a profile of the notorious Governor. I recommend that everyone reading this post take a look at the aforementioned post also.
I am not surprised that this woman has implemented such budget cuts against the poor and working poor in Arizona. Her prior record of budget cuts have been just as heartless.
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer is facing intense criticism and scrutiny for declining requests to hold a special session to reinstate medical transplant coverage, which for some patients was covered by the state until recently when the health care program ended.
The Tucson Sentinel reported on Tuesday:
Mesa resident Randy Shepherd, a 36-year-old father of three, has been living with a pacemaker for several years and now is facing what he says is his last treatment option: a heart transplant.But Shepherd’s hopes for a transplant were dashed when the state cut Medicaid funding for certain transplants under the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System.
“Look at all of us who need these transplants,” Shepherd said, joined Tuesday by three others who say they are unable to get live-saving transplants due to the cuts. “It’s not an option for us; it’s a necessity.”
Tiffany Tate, who told the Arizona-based outlet that she was diagnosed with a chronic lung disease when she was a young child more than two decades ago, addressed the stakes she faces if she is unable to receive treatment.
“The state needs to come together so we can have a second chance at life,” she explained. “I want to travel, to play basketball again. It would mean everything to me.”
Continue reading here…
- Jan Brewer Medicaid Cuts Prompt Dire Calls For Life-Saving Coverage & Criticism Of ‘Brewercare’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- No One Doubts That Az Hates People: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- Arizona Cuts Financing for Transplant Patients (nytimes.com)
- Arizona’s Medicaid Cuts On Transplants Is A Classic Example of Decisions Not Based on Medical Needs But Rather Budget Only (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)
- Arizona GOP Death Panel Denies Lung Transplant To Catholic High School Coach (crooksandliars.com)
- Arizona’s class warfare will kill people (dailykos.com)
- Arizona Medicaid Cuts Include Transplant Funding (abcnews.go.com)