The Tea Party would not have been as successful as the current Chilean government, if THEY ran that government. Here’s why…
If this sort of rescue operation were being run by American conservatives, they would only be rescuing those miners who had paid their $75 “mining disaster rescue fee” in advance. You know that if Rand Paul had been in charge, he would have opposed any rescue operation that used public money.
What am I saying? If Rand Paul had been in charge, whatever mine safety laws there were would have been so weak that nobody would have survived.
And Joe Miller from Alaska certainly wouldn’t have wanted to spend any tax dollars on rescuing these miners. But if there was public money being spent, he would find a way to funnel some of it to his family.
If it was Sharron Angle who was in charge, the only thing she would have done is to get these miners some massages from the Church of Scientology.
That’s probably better than Christine O’Donnell. All she would do is send the miners down some anti-masturbation literature… in case they’re faced with temptation during those long weeks in the ground.
- Two-thirds of 33 trapped miners rescued in Chile (foxnews.com)
- The Ten Most Adorable Miners Rescued in Chile (observer.com)
- Two-thirds of 33 trapped miners rescued in Chile (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- For rescued miners in Chile, the hard labour continues above ground (theglobeandmail.com)
- Chile joyous at clockwork-like miner rescue (mnn.com)
- Transworld Acquires Inside Story Of Chile Miners (huffingtonpost.com)
- Chile mine rescue dwarfs others: World’s Top 5 mine rescues (csmonitor.com)