Ok progressives and liberals, they are strating to bring out their heavy artillery in an effort to take down the Democratic leadership in the House and possibly the Senate. It’s time to put away our attitudes about the Obama administration ignoring us and do what we have to do to keep our guys in power.
With the incendiary claim that the Obama presidency is the greatest threat the American people have ever faced, Newt Gingrich has launched a massively funded effort to mobilize ten million conservative voters this November. In an online video promoting the “Power of 10” campaign by his American Solutions for Winning the Future (ASWF) 527 group, Gingrich rails against the “genuinely radical, secular socialist machine” of the “Obama-Pelosi-Reid team” who “simply run over the beliefs and values of the American people.” Images of Tea Party rallies and the right-wing enemies list — Michael Moore, Sean Penn, and Katie Couric — scroll by as Gingrich pleads for “we the American people” to “go all out”:
You know, I don’t remember any time in American history where we had such a threat to our basic way of life: A genuinely radical, secular socialist machine ramming things through with no regard for American values or the beliefs of the American people
- Newt Gingrich Backs Carl Paladino’s “Battle Cry” (mediaite.com)
- Gingrich doubles down, accuses President of being anti-American (dailykos.com)
- Rick Horowitz: Gingrich Again, but Louder (huffingtonpost.com)
- Newt Gingrich on Obama the “Kenyan anti-colonial” con man (salon.com)
- Gingrich demands legislation to address imaginary threat (washingtonmonthly.com)