There is finally a way that the AZ police can definitively describe what an illegal alien looks like! Now they can leave everyone else alone and concentrate on looking for folks who look like the above. Then we can call it intergalactic profiling!
Your prerequisites to be in this class: you MUST be a member of a various, accredited Teabagging organizations, and you must be a narrow minded and bigoted numbskull with a propensity to believe in conspiracy theories like Area 51, black helicopters, the moonwalk was staged, etc. You also have to be have a perpetual wide-eyed look on your face. So folks, if you’ve not yet met these prerequisites, you’ll need to complete requisite courses and come back after you’ve done so.
Once you complete this course, each of you will be a Certified Birther. Again, welcome to “Advanced Pointless Drivel About Birth Certificates 301″
One last thing…when entering or leaving the classroom you must kneel at the altar that you see in front of you which is dedicated to the Queen of Birthers and is known as the Alter of Orly Taitz….and you must chant three times: “Hail to Orly…Hail to Orly….Hail to Orly……”
RP: “OK, so to recap, you wanted Obama to release a birth certificate, but when he did, you accused it of being a forgery? Right?”
RP: “And you say that if he simply shared his long-form birth certificate with the public, that could be forged too? Right?”
RP: “So you want him to release his long-form birth certificate and to have that birth certificate reviewed by a judge, to satisfy his critics and answer the questions they’re asking? Right?”
RP: “And if the judge affirms that the birth certificate is legitimate and it says his place of birth was Hawaii, you say it might be falsified, right?”
RP: “And even if he proves he was born in Hawaii, you claim he’s still not a natural-born citizen because of his mother’s first marriage, right?”
RP: “And if he then proves that the marriage isn’t an issue, you claim he’s still not a natural-born citizen because of his father’s citizenship, right?”
RP: “And if he then proves that his father’s citizenship isn’t an issue, you claim he’s still not a natural-born citizen because of his mother’s second marriage, right?”
RP: “And if he then proves that his mother’s second marriage isn’t an issue, you claim he’s still not a natural-born citizen because of his supposed adoption, right?”
RP: “And if he then proves that he didn’t give up his citizenship via adoption, you claim that he’s still not a natural-born citizen because of his 1981 travel to Pakistan, right?”
RP: “And if he then proves that he didn’t give up his citizenship via passport, and even when you run out of citizenship arguments completely, you then claim his election is illegitimate because his legal surname is Soetoro, right?”
RP: “So you want to know why Obama won’t take the simple measure of releasing his birth certificate, when you already have at least eight consecutive fall-back arguments you’ll make if he does so, whereby you’ll continue to insist that he’s ineligible for the Presidency even after he proves that he was born in Hawaii?”
RP: “Y’know, if I were Obama, I think I’d save my ten dollars too.”
Michelle Obama’s inauguration gown may still be a safely guarded secret, but in her new book, Michelle Obama: First Lady of Hope, author Elizabeth Lightfoot reveals some interesting facts about our newest first lady. From her issue with Princeton professors to the item of clothing she hates wearing, after the jump are 25 fun facts about Michelle Obama that you’re dying to know.
1. She was born on January 17, 1964, meaning she turned 45 three days before she became First Lady of the United States.
2. Her father worked the swing shift in the boiler room at Chicago’s water purification plant; her mother was a stay-at-home mom until her two children were grown.
3. Within the family, her nickname is “Miche” (pronounced “Meesh”).
4. Her husband calls her “my rock.”
5. She grew up with older brother Craig and her parents in a one-bedroom, one-bathroom apartment; she and Craig shared the living room, which was separated by dividers.
6. As a child, she loved her Easy-Bake Oven.
7. Even though they were only allowed one hour of television a night, she committed each episode of “The Brady Bunch” to memory.
8. As a young girl, she practiced playing the piano so much that she had to be told to stop.
9. She and her brother both skipped second grade.
10. Although a great athlete, she shied away from competitive sports because, her big brother says, she hated to lose.
11. She has always been outspoken; in addition to some of the memorable things she’d said on the campaign trail, she told her teachers when she got to Princeton that they weren’t teaching French correctly.
12. She was a young lawyer and assigned to be Barack’s mentor when her future husband came to her Chicago firm for a summer job.
13. Her first impression of Barack wasn’t great; she’d seen his photo in the law firm directory and thought he had a big nose.
14. She declined Barack’s initial attempts to ask her out, saying it would be inappropriate.
15. Before agreeing to date Barack, she asked her brother to take on her suitor on the basketball court (her father and brother said you could tell a lot about someone’s character on the court).
16. Her father died of complications from multiple sclerosis when she was in her 20’s.
17. Barack proposed at a fancy Chicago restaurant; the ring came on a tray with the dessert.
18. At their wedding, they danced their first dance to “Unforgettable.”
19. Santita Jackson, Jesse Jackson’s daughter, sang at the wedding.
20. She works out “like a gladiator,” according to friends.
21. She hates pantyhose – too “painful.”
22. At the Democratic National Convention in 2004, moments before her husband was about to go on stage to give his speech, she decided to break the tension: “Just don’t screw it up, buddy!”
23. She unwinds by watching reruns of “The Dick Van Dyke Show.”
24. For breakfast, she likes fruit, eggs, and bacon. “We’re bacon people,” she said on “The View.”
Sarah Palin called Arizona’s controversial new immigration bill a “reasonable…wake up call” Tuesday, and criticized President Obama for “perpetuating this myth that racial profiling is a part of this law.”
In an interview with Fox News’s Sean Hannity — who introduced the segment by accusing “pro-illegal immigration” protesters of not actually reading the legislation — Sarah Palin said “there is no ability or opportunity in there for the racial profiling” in the law.
Critics have argued that the broader powers of law enforcement officials to stop and question suspected illegals who would, with this legislation, be considered to be “breaking the law” if they are in the state, will inevitably lead to racial profiling.
Palin, however, denied these claims.
“Shame on the lamestream media again for turning this into something that it is not,” Palin insisted. “Governor Jan Brewer did what she had to do as the CEO of that state to help protect the citizens of her state she had to do what the federal government has refused to do and that is help secure the borders.”
The GOP, in their effort to placate the xenophobic, homophobic and downright bigotry of the far right fringe groups like the birthers and teabaggers, have lost their ever lovin’ minds!
How ignorant are these politicians who are elected to the house and senate, to think that one of the most important amendments in the constitution could be repealed?
Duncan D. Hunter is an idiot, and as racist as his father.
The Los Angeles Times reports that, at a tea party rally in the San Diego County city of Ramona , Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) stated that U.S. citizen children of undocumented immigrants should get deported along with their parents to save the state of California money:
QUESTION: Would you support deportation of natural-born American citizens that are the children of illegal aliens?
HUNTER: I would have to, yes. […] We simply cannot afford what we’re doing right now. California is going under. How much in debt are we? Twenty billion dollars? […] And we’re not being mean, we’re just saying it takes more than just walking across the border to become an American citizen. It’s what’s in our souls.
The U.S. Supreme Court explicitly ruled in United States v. Wong Kim Ark that anyone born in the United States would be a citizen regardless of their parents’ nationality. However, that hasn’t stopped Hunter from co-sponsoring The Birthright Citizenship Act of 2007, legislation that would attempt to overturn the 14th amendment by ending the practice of granting anyone born in the U.S. citizenship status. In fact, Hunter feels so adamantly about the issue that he has co-sponsored five other similar bills over the past thirteen years.
According to Hunter, Arizona’s law is “a fantastic starting point.” However, if Arizona succeeded in fulfilling its goal of deporting all of its undocumented immigrants, estimates show that the state would lose $26.4 billion in economic activity, $11.7 billion in gross state product, and approximately 140,324 jobs. Meanwhile, a study by the University of Southern California found that putting California’s 1.8 million undocumented Latino immigrants on a path to legalization would generate $16 billion annually.
It appears the GOP leadership is finally ready to abandon their stalling tactics on financial reform bill. Could it have been the fact that the Dems were prepared to stay all night and make the GOP have a real filibuster on the floor? This means the GOP would have had to stand up on the floor and give their reason why there should not be a debate on the finance reform issue.
The GOP knew they could never do that, they just wanted to play the bully role as usual using the nuclear option (super-majority of 60 votes needed to move on.)
The funny thing is the GOP whined and yelled and was kicking and screaming because the Dems had allegedly threatened to use the nuclear option to pass the changes to the already voted on Health Care Reform Bill. The fact it the Dems never threatened a nuclear option, they were going to, and did, use another “60 majority “senate tool” called reconciliation.
WASHINGTON — Republicans abandoned their blockade against legislation to clamp tough new controls on Wall Street Wednesday, clearing a road to likely passage for the most sweeping rewrite of financial rules since the Great Depression.
Democrats and Republicans agree the Senate will ultimately pass landmark changes aimed at preventing a recurrence of the crisis that knocked the nation’s financial system to its knees in 2008, but the battle now begins over crucial details. The House has already passed its version.
Democrats said the Republicans had given in after three days of votes to block debate, realizing they were on the losing end of a battle for public opinion. GOP lawmakers said they would now switch to trying to change the bill on the Senate floor. More>>>